Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with video quality on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

asueee0

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about video quality

I have two motherboard: one is intel 845 with video buildin (shared up to 64MB), anoother is ASrock for amd 754 cpu with video build in(share up to 64MB). Besides using on board video, i sometimes use an external video card, which is ATI 7500 (32MB), now here is the problem:

On linux: i do not observe significant differences on video quality using any of the above. (Of course this is probably very subjective)

But on windows, the difference comes. The external video card (again it is ATI 7500) provide sharp and crisp video quality, which is obvious when reading text information, while the two on board video do not. My feeling is: from far away (>=50cm), i could still clearly see the text (sharp and crisp) from ATI, but for the two on board video, it is something like out of focus. If close enoguh, i would find that the text provided by the two on board video is a bit fuzzy.

Could anyone give an explanation ? (Note that the above describtion applies to both CRT and LCD)

Re: about video quality

Are you sure that you have installed the right drivers for them on both of systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.