Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with finding a better Linux software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin236_1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to be able to have a console experience with my pc. I want to control the whole thing with my controller. I also want to be able to stream and game on it. I tried android x86, but it doesn’t run well on my pc. I want to have it in the living room where I could either just stream tv like normal or play some video games. I really don’t want to have to use a keyboard and mouse when using it either. I want something similar to like an Xbox or the Sony software. Also I tried Lakka, but from what I found streaming isn’t possible on there.

My aging Dell laptop has had recent success running Zorin, a Linux OS which is recommended as a smooth transition from Windows. I purchased the right kind of hard drives on Ebay.

I downloaded the 'Core' version of Zorin (among four packages because the other 3 cost money or have fewer features).

It worked from the start. No need for me to locate and install the correct drivers. The USB ports work. I can use my wireless mouse with its receiver dongle. Internet access presently needs ethernet cable to work.

zorinos.com

Hello,

see DistroWatch.com site:

https://distrowatch.com/

You can familiarize with many Linux distibutions on this page and choose what you like. I am using "Mint Linux" (with Mate desktop) longer than 9 years now and I am very glad of way how it is working.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.