Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Exponential Behavior modeling in VHDL-AMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultralowpower

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
exponential vhdl

Hi,

I am trying to do a behavioral model for an OOK modulator who is a simple RLC parallel at an MOSFET N drain, which the MOSFET has a switched behavior controlled by a pulsed signal at gate.

When the pulse is on gate('1'), the current flows across the channel and the RLC is energized and the output of modulator has a sinusoidal signal with frequency and amplitude predefined by a carrier signal (RLC params).
When the gate hasn't signal ('0'), the output has a exponential behavior until the complete RLC desenergized.

I am trying to describe this behavior in VHDL-AMS, but the exponential behavior only is showed in the first cycle os input signal. I thing the exponential signal is present for all simulator, because I improved "tau" and the exponencial behavior extends for all the time, independent of the other signal present on pulse. How I can solve this problem about the exponential periodic signal?

I really thanks for answers and sorry about my English because is not my primary language.

Brito.

I am put my code here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIBRARY ieee;
USE ieee.electrical_systems.all;
USE ieee.math_real.all;
USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

ENTITY modask IS
GENERIC ( amplitude : REAL := 1.0;
tau : REAL := 0.1e-6;
freq : REAL := 400.0e6;
phase : REAL := 0.0;
offset : REAL := 0.0;
delay : REAL := 0.0 );
PORT ( TERMINAL ref, askout : ELECTRICAL;
askin : IN STD_LOGIC );
END modask;

ARCHITECTURE modask_arch OF modask IS
QUANTITY vaskout ACROSS iaskout THROUGH askout TO ref;
BEGIN
IF askin = '0' USE
vaskout == offset + (amplitude*exp(-(NOW/tau)))*sin(math_2_pi*freq*(NOW)+phase);
ELSE
vaskout == offset + amplitude * sin(math_2_pi*freq*(NOW-delay)+phase);
END USE;
END modask_arch;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back