Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Hierarchial DRC run in calibre

LEO-ZHANG

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I run calibre DRC with the file you share to me,this error appears.
I would like to know how to deal with it.
I'm using calibre nmDRC 2020.
THANKS

viewfile.png
1-17.9
--- Updated ---

I spent two days trying to solve it. But I failed. It still doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hi Leo-

The message says that the rule file was written for a different version of Calibre than you are using. Foundries can choose to make this an error or a warning; looks like they went with error. The only way to get past this is to use the same version of Calibre that the rule file was written for.

Best regards-

Sam.

Hi Sam
It was written in v2017.4, I tried using V2017.1 and it still doesn't work.
Do I have to use V2017.4? must?
Best
Leo

It could also be a couple of other things -- I dug up the reference (svrf_ur.pdf) for the DECRYPT4 error. This error can also be caused by "duplicate layer names, duplicate rule names, incorrectly set environment variables, incorrect Calibre version, or mismatches in the number of arguments between a CMACRO and DMACRO," but because it is in the encrypted portion of the rules, only the people who created the encrypted rule file know for sure; you will need to contact them for help.

It could also be a couple of other things -- I dug up the reference (svrf_ur.pdf) for the DECRYPT4 error. This error can also be caused by "duplicate layer names, duplicate rule names, incorrectly set environment variables, incorrect Calibre version, or mismatches in the number of arguments between a CMACRO and DMACRO," but because it is in the encrypted portion of the rules, only the people who created the encrypted rule file know for sure; you will need to contact them for help.
Then do u know how to download calibre v2017.4?I can't find the link for download .

Yeah, older releases are tricky to get to. In Support Center from the Calibre Downloads tab, set version to "Older Versions". (It is to the left of the Filter field, above the list of current versions.)

There are four 2017.4 versions in the extensive list -- they correspond to the first release, two update releases, and the special build for NxDAT. Chances are you want the second update release, 2017.4_35.

No guarantee this clears the error -- as noted, other causes could be duplicate names or a mismatch in macro arguments; those will require the help of the creators of the rule file, who are the only ones who know what is in the encrypted section. (Even Mentor Graphics/Siemens can't decrypt.)

Fingers crossed-

Sam.

Yeah, older releases are tricky to get to. In Support Center from the Calibre Downloads tab, set version to "Older Versions". (It is to the left of the Filter field, above the list of current versions.)

There are four 2017.4 versions in the extensive list -- they correspond to the first release, two update releases, and the special build for NxDAT. Chances are you want the second update release, 2017.4_35.

No guarantee this clears the error -- as noted, other causes could be duplicate names or a mismatch in macro arguments; those will require the help of the creators of the rule file, who are the only ones who know what is in the encrypted section. (Even Mentor Graphics/Siemens can't decrypt.)

Fingers crossed-

Sam

Oh ,then could u share a link to me ?I have tried to using v2014.4-35 and failed.Then I want to try V2017.4_19.14.But I don't have a link.
Leo

Fingers crossed-

Sam.
I can confirm that the author wrote it using v2017.4_19.14.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back