Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Diva LVS when using multi-finger transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

truejiaqi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am using Diva LVS checking my design. But there is a strange phenomena that, when I use muli-finger transistors, it can not recognize the multiplication factor in the device properties in schematic. Therefore it generates errors about Size mismatch errors.
For instance, I have a pmos with w/l=10u/1u, and multiplication factor = 2. In the layout extraction Diva calculated successfully that I have a transistor with w=20u,l=1u. But for the schematic it did not understand that there is a factor of 2. So the error is: Size mismatch; layout W/L: 20u/1u, schematic W/L: 10u/1u.

Does anybody have some idea what could be wrong?
Thanks a lot!

diva lvs cdf parameter

In schematic , try to play with number of fingers and multiplication factor, I guess one of them will reflect the layout finger number.

diva lvs

there is only a field called "multiplication factor" in the transistor properties, and I have set it to the correct value. Diva just does not understand it.

Re: Diva LVS problem

truejiaqi said:
Hi, I am using Diva LVS checking my design. But there is a strange phenomena that, when I use muli-finger transistors, it can not recognize the multiplication factor in the device properties in schematic. Therefore it generates errors about Size mismatch errors.
For instance, I have a pmos with w/l=10u/1u, and multiplication factor = 2. In the layout extraction Diva calculated successfully that I have a transistor with w=20u,l=1u. But for the schematic it did not understand that there is a factor of 2. So the error is: Size mismatch; layout W/L: 20u/1u, schematic W/L: 10u/1u.

Does anybody have some idea what could be wrong?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I think your lvsRules(...) don't support that device permuting. Try to place transistors to schematic in the same way like in layout is done.

Giedrius

Diva LVS problem

Check the following:
1. Before you start icfb or layout or layoutplus:
---------------------------------------------
% setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog
---------------------------------------------

2. Make sure the Schematic netlist is having the multiplier (m=2), if not, you need to instruct the tool to output that during netlisting.

2.a.
How to control - what parameters will get netlisted out?
CIW (Top Menu) -> Tools ->CDF -> Edit;
in the Edit Component CDF form, select the device_library, and cell (for example, pmos). [ select CDF Type = Base ]

-> The form will be populated with parameters and values.

Scroll down to the section called "Simulation Information" -> click on "Edit" button, then 'Choose Simulator' set to "auLvs"

check out "instParameters" - l w m
[ They are length width and multiplier parameters ]
You may also need to check propMapping if there is any.
[ m is the multiplier, it can be M or mul etc, which you can check from main CDF-Edit form->Component parameters section-> Edit ->select the appropriate name etc ]

3. Check the divaLVS rule file and check if it is using native merge and comparison or user supplied SKILL, find if any glitches.

Or, simply visit h**t://sourcelink.cadence.com and if you have sourcelink ID, open a ticket - the support group should be able to help you better - I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back