Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Cadence Virtuoso Analog design environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unable to initialize wavescan

Hello,

When I run the simulation of a current mirror, it's take error and this message appears in CIW:
*Error* Unable to initialize WaveScan. Please exit work-bench and try again.
*Error* Unable to establish connection with WaveScan. Please exit and re-start the workbench.

I have tried, but the result was still not change. Can somebody help me to solve this?

Thank you verymuch.

unable to establish connection with wavescan

Try to put next string
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
into your .bashrc file

virtuoso analog design environment

If u are using IC5.1.41 u can choose between two wave viewers from the analog design environment so try choose the other one and see if it's gonna work.

Another solution is that u can use the ocnPrint command from Ocean to print the results to a text file and then plot the results from matlab, actually this way is much faster than the wave viewer of Cadence when u r doing a heavy simulation(long simulation time with a small step).

how to operate the cadence virtuoso analog design

you're gonna have to change your .cdsenv file and go with the default plotter (ADE) than wavescan.

change ade default setting cadence

I have the same problem with IC5141.

icfb unable to initialize wavescan

I have also same problem.
Anybody know how to solve this problem?

learning cadence virtuoso

Try to contat Cadence sourcelink. They are very good at solving such issues

what is wavescan cadence

How to contact cadence source link?

plotter info virtuoso

you need to register at sourcelink.cadence.com. ( you can do it if your company have support from cadence)

analog environment

I m a student and my university has full support from cadence . Can i use sourcelink for learning as i am the only student learning cadence in whole of the university i guess.

cadence cannot initialize wavescan

Sorry that I come back too late. I have solved this problem by chosing the default plotter (AWD).
-- To chose AWD: in the Virtuoso ADE window, chose Session/ Options/ Defaults and Apply.
Then everything very well. My simulation have good result.
Thank you very much :)

awd virtuoso

bmwin said:
Sorry that I come back too late. I have solved this problem by chosing the default plotter (AWD).
-- To chose AWD: in the Virtuoso ADE window, chose Session/ Options/ Defaults and Apply.
Then everything very well. My simulation have good result.
Thank you very much :)

Thank you. I fixed it through your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back