Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem about PLL simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

needforspeed

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, everyone
I have a problem of simulation jitter of PLL in cadence 5141.
when i was running pss, some error appeared:
Error found by spectre during periodic steady state analysis `pss'.
`V1' is a periodic input signal, which is inconsistent with autonomous
circuits.

PS: V1 is the reference source of the PLL.

I think PLL should be a driven circuit but an autonomous circuit.
I want to know Whether I should run pss and pnoise to get the jitter of the PLL and how to do it.

PSS can't simulate with the "Oscillator" option if a periodic source like Vsin or Vpulse is present at the circuit. IF you really need to use this option, you can use a verilogA model with its output as a sin wave instead of the periodic source. I tried it before and it worked properly.

ieropsaltic said:
PSS can't simulate with the "Oscillator" option if a periodic source like Vsin or Vpulse is present at the circuit. IF you really need to use this option, you can use a verilogA model with its output as a sin wave instead of the periodic source. I tried it before and it worked properly.

Thanks for your tips.
I think the oscillator option in PLL simulation is necessary, is it right?
And is there any other advice about PLL simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back