Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printer interface with Microcontroller PIC or Atmel

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranahmed

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please let me know that how to interface printer with microcontroller PIC or Atmel.

Can anyone interested to tell me?

Hello Imran... did you found any solution...?
I want to interface pic microcontroller with small thermal printer that works on serial ESC/POS commands... Any guidance?

Thank you dear adhi89,

I do not find any solution for printer interfacing with microcontroller.

Please let me know about your project.

well I have bought a small thermal printer... chinese made...
interfacing it with arduino uno board with adafruit library... but the issue is that the functions in their library are hidden and is not giving me in-depth info that how they are controlling the commands on the serial level.... I am able to send strings and characters through it but cannot print any image.... thats why need more RAW control to try sending the bitmaps...

Great work you were done,

Please let me know that can you share with me information about your project.Actually I need only wants to print characters and strings.

If I will know about printing image i will share you.

Dear Imran,

check this out.... I have been following this for the software libraries
https://www.adafruit.com/products/597
I didnt buy this printer, ordered a similar one from china... i guess if this specific printer is used,it may print the image too.

All the best.
Let me know if you need any further help in it.
Regards,
Adil Zuberi

Dear Adil Zuberi,

Thats great, please let me know that how to buy you from china if I want to buy this printer ,where I find?

Thank you.

Well, i have bought 2 printers (48cm paper width) with control boards, i need to print images and i am unable to do it.
the exact model i have is http://www.prttech.com/Printer-mechanism/PT48A/
also its control board... u just need tx,rx,rts and 5V power supply to connect.
If it can work in your application strings and texts only, i can give one to you. as the shipment will cost much if you want to buy just one from CHINA.
Text me on 03215099195.

Regards,
Adil Zuberi

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, my model is this one http://www.prttech.com/Printer-mechanism/PT486F/

Thanks,

please note 0333-8876726

I want to buy please let me know about price of printer with board.

Another thing let me know that how to buy online,if i want to buy a microcontroller development board from online shop

then how to buy.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.