Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller with 140 plus I/O

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for microcontroller PIC by Microchip or Arduino having 140 plus I/O for temperature/humidity monitor. There are solutions with external serial/parallel chips and external multiplexers but it's not so easy to find compact solution for which we don't need to make a big PCB. I appreciate if you have any suggestion in selecting Microcontroller with 130 plus I/O.

The Temp/Humidity sensors, analog or digital ?

Of course there is a 3'rd option, use ESP8266 with each sensor, and do everything
wireless. Although that takes power / sensor and a chip (ESP8266).

Regards, Dana.

go to any distributor, such as digi-key or mouser, etc
search for processors or FPGAs with lots of pins - say 250 or more.
then examine the data sheet for the number of available (non-dedicated) I/O pins

alternatively, use 2 or 3 or 4 ICs that have 70, or 50, or 40 available I/O pins
considering that these processors may only be about 1/2 a centimeter on a side,
together they make a small board

the real size issue is going to be the 140 or so temperature/humidity input pins
and routing them to 1 (or more) ICs.

Hi,

so 140 IO is the only requirement.
No:
* digital / analog
* voltage range / levels
* speed
* communication informations, interface, protocol
* wiring / cable length

Klaus

Two chips, each with 12 bit ADC 1 Msps, analog mux (75 channels), Vref, COM, and a lot more on each chip.

So 75 channel solution in each chip. ARM core also onchip. PSOC 4200L family.

1694094805524.png

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: