Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL- noisy powersupply tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthivelmurugan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai friends,

I designed PLL for 6G with 50M reference clk. when i worked with ideal supply and package model the control voltage had a variation of about 3mV. But when i gave noisy supply of +/-50mv from supply, with 50MHz frequency(ie., supply as a sinusoidal wave), the control voltage varies by 19mV. Is this noisy supply of +/- 50mv is possible.., can i check like that.. but customer told that they will give supply with +/- 20mv, but noisy supply frequency dont know.

I get no problem when the noisy supply frequency is greater than 1G.

please suggest me how to proceed with...

Inject 100mV or more of ripple into DC using a sweep generator to test sensitivity of f & Vac vs VCO ripple.

Then you will know how much DC filtering is needed such as with ferrite beads or RC or LC or better C's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back