Not open for further replies.

louiee

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask, is it possible to design PLL which the carrier frequency is around 30khz to 50khz (input.Freq. for PFD)? what are the issues for PLL if designed in such frequency? bcoz normally PLL is used in frequency of Mhz range.

thanks in advance,

louiee

**broken link removed**

this is one of the older versions of pll. i don't think this one works above 1 Mhz.

this one too:

**broken link removed**

so, mostly there should be no problems with designing it. It would depend on the actual application the pll is to be used in.

CMOS RF SYNTHESIZER PLL

The synthesizer will generate a 3:1 frequency range anywhere from 300Hz to 4,000,000Hz (4MHz)

CMOS RF SYNTHESIZER

Regards KAK

thanks for your help,
i am sorry if it is not clear, now i try to design PLL which designed using CMOS 0.18um technology (ic design not a system design) for the application of ranging from 30khz to 50khz. my concern is, normally PLL which I found designed on chip is applied on the Mhz range (high frequency) of application such as fiber optic receiver. so, is it possible to design this PLL in low frequency? what are the issues?

thanks
louiee

Status
Not open for further replies.