Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO Design Help

nithinp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing an LDO with SKY130PDK for Vreg=1.5, Vdd=1.8, Ilaod=1mA-10mA Vref=0.75. I used a 2 stage OTA I built earlier which provides a gain of 60dB and phase margin of 80deg but when I try LDO design , I get a regulated voltage of 1.5V but my gain is messes up like 6dB, I know I'm having problem with pole compensation. Please help
2 stage OTA
LDO
gain and phase margin

You may need to increase the phase margin of your feedback loop. You can achieve this by adding compensation capacitors. You can use pole splitting to improve stability. This involves adding additional poles in the transfer function to mitigate phase shifts at higher frequencies. You can achieve this by adding compensation capacitors in parallel with the load or the output capacitor. For some more feedback, you can post your question to pcbway: https://www.pcbway.com/blog/25/How_to_choose_the_best_LDO_for_your_projects_.html

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: