Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLease Vote: Electronics Engineer Vs Computer Engineer

Which field is better?

• Electronics\E&TC Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COmputer\IT Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remeber to have a poll like this in an electronics forum is almost not worth it because you know what the outcome would be even before you started.

I voted computer engineer because I am one, and my hobby is electronics. I am happy with my work and I am happy that there is so many more opportunities in the computer sector.

Regards

Nic

I am still an undergraduate student in electronics so i think neither field is superior to another both are interdependent as some of them mentioned above.:| its a stupid question.

As an electronics student i voted for it.

conducting electronics vs computer poll in a forum biased towards electronics :) .
Anyway i voted for electronics

This site & forum generally intended for electronic engineers... Results of vote very predictable...

Electronics and
Electrical engineer
dominate software
engineer. Because the
one who know how to
construct a computer
can also operate it
better.
:)

Added after 13 minutes:

Electronics and Electrical
engineer dominate
software engineer.
Because the one who
knows how to construct
a computer can also
operate it better.
Thats why software
engineer depends upon
hardware engineer. Any
change or improvement
in hardware clearly
proves this.
:)

hi i feel that ,
engineering is an art and different fields like mEchanical, electronics and computers are all interlinked , you cannot comment on which is better !they all have importance at their own level .

Electronics Engineer

I cannot believe that a question like this has gotten so much response. Dont you people have anything else better to do besides arguing what discipline you think is better.

All of you just need to stop this nonsense and go design something damnit.

E

i think both r graet fields ........ whichever field u choose do it with ur best determination n try to gain full of it...........

electronics. it's easier for an electronics engr even to study computer eng'g.

Electronics becomes an essenstial building block of almost any modern system, and the most beautiful and challenging block.

But, Please define first what you mean by "Computer Engineer", is it IT Engineering or What ?

I think whatever core logic required to develop any software or to make any software to work is provided my electronics engineer.
So without input what this computer engineer wiil do?

So EEEEEEEEEELectronics engineers are better.

People from many walks of life learn and become computer engineer and get the benefit due to modern day IT employment.
But the electronics engineering has to be from starting and later one may become hobbyist but not an engineer. the future is in Hardware engineering- so better to prefer electronics engineering.

we make they use.

we (electronic engineers) make the chip and they (computers engineers) are the user

Dear Asok-rudra,
I fear you don't make it. you might design it and help chemical engineers Make it for us. Technology is a mixed culture. Finally the general citizens use it and enjoy and improve their lot.
Sarma

Well, I think electronics engineer is better as a electronics engineer can do the work of software engineer as well, but it will be difficult for a software engineer to do the work of electronics engineer.
Nowadays, in India you can see for e.g. every after there graduation is going for software job, i.e people of any field are shifting to software job. while it will difficult for them to shift to electronics job.

so i think electronics engineer can adapt to both electronics as weel as software.

it is a hard decision. too close to call. I go for a dinner and there are two main courses: steak or lamb shank. which way you go? ahhhhh.....

Interesting that in order to place my vote on this forum I must use computer hardware designed by (a) EE(s) and many pieces of software written by Software Engineers.

Strictly speaking, the first programmable machines were mechanical (see Wikipedia's article on "computer programming"). One could argue that the science of programming *could* exist, and historically did exist for a period of time, without electronics.

Practically, however, computers (and therefore computer programming) could not be what it has become without electronics.

This whole question of which is better, though, seems to me like asking "Which is better, bridge designers or street/road designers?" What is the point of a bridge without a road, or a road that stops at every natural obstacle because there are no bridges? What's the point of software designers without hardware designers, or visa versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back