Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Volt & Amp Meterattin6

Status
Not open for further replies.
16f677 voltmeter

Opps! try this one i zipped up the wrong one

good luck wizpiz

pic volt-amper

Thanks for the help Jaspaa... Some of the math routines on piclist works and some dont work.... also when you multiply a 16 bit number you end up with a 32 bit result... I guess that would work but I would need to use a 32 bit binary to bcd converter routine.... so, maybe I'll give that a try.... I was trying to multiply to a 32 bit result and then dividing it back down to a 16 bit but I had no luck.... I'll keep on trying and see what I get....

WizPic, Thanks for the hex.... It looks like I will need to use a xtal and pull mclr high....Ill give it a try asap and let you know!!! THANKS!!!!!

ampere meter pic

Hey Jaspaa, youre idea makes since but how would I figure the resistor value for the voltage divider for a factor of 6 like yore example???

how to read a amp meter

Google is your friend ;) Check this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_divider

The Resistive one is the easiest and probably for your design the best. Don't choose your resistors too large or too small.

for a factor of 6 you could simply go for R2 = 10K and and R1 is 50K (R1 and R2 based on the numbering scheme from the link above)

Goodluck!

lcd volt-amp meter pic

has anybody implemented Ampere meter using hall effect sensors?

asm code window

yousafzai said:
has anybody implemented Ampere meter using hall effect sensors?

yes i did it with ugn 3505

regrads
Fragrance

pic amp

chevymn1964 hows it going did you sort it out in the end, lets us know how far you got

I've moved onto the MAX7219 now and have done a volt meter using it, it was easier than i first thought

PSU set at 27.68 and my display reads 27.67

good luck

wizpic

4 digits voltage/ampere meters

Hi Wizpic
which EPE had the voltmeter in it I must have missed it

converting adresh to bcd pic16f voltmeter

It was not in EPE sorry to say it's my own design

cheers

wizpic

pic volt amper meter

Hey WizPic, Its been going really good... I have it displaying voltage within 1mv and displaying current using a max4080 with a shunt... I have also upgraded to a 24 x 2 LCD and just got done making a PCB.... Now Im working on the rest of the code for displaying min/max current readings and sound an alarm when max set current is reached.... Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!

voltmeter virch pic

chevymn1964 no worries glad to be of any help it has aslo been fun in the proccess in doing it
I've started to ASM now so it give me a boot up the back side

just glad to ear you got it working teh way you wanted it to good luck and happy new to yo and every one that reads it

wizpic

a picture of the actual current meter

wizpic said:
I have designed and built my own using a PIC18F4520 runnig at 20Mhz ans it's for 4 chanels 2 x volts 0-50V and 0-10A 0.02mv +/- readings

wizpic

0.02mV in your dreams maybe...

metering amper with pic

Melc that was a type o error :D it shoudl have been 1Mv i must have but to many 0's in but well spotted no body else did :D

+/- 1MV is good enough for me i think i can live with that but it would be nice to get +/- 0.02mv but like you day may be in your dreams
:D

wizpic

Re: ampmeter pic

wizpic said:
Here you go the volatge mesurement dvides the input voltage and the current mesurement times the voltage which goes across the shunt resistor but you may have to paly a round with the values fisrt befor you connect it up to the pic

I done this one some time ago and can't remember what teh voltage was

the current part shuod be ok though but it gives youa basic idea

wizpic
Please what's the HEX why circuit.

Thanks

Re: pic volt meter

wizpic said:
I have designed and built my own using a PIC18F4520 runnig at 20Mhz ans it's for 4 chanels 2 x volts 0-50V and 0-10A 0.02mv +/- readings

I ma in the process of laying out PCB for it has it has got to be right becasue of nosie which would affect the readings

But i have donw it in Proton Plus (basic)

wizpic
can u convert it 16f676 in plcae of PIC18F4520. i hope u do it.
pl proved it.

sahu said:
wizpic said:

I ma in the process of laying out PCB for it has it has got to be right becasue of nosie which would affect the readings

wizpic
pl proved it.

Yes it can be done this but this is over 2 years old :D, I would have to go theough the posts and down load the files to refresh my memory, give me a few days to sort it out

wizpic said:
sahu said:
wizpic said:

wizpic
pl proved it.

Yes it can be done this but this is over 2 years old :D, I would have to go theough the posts and down load the files to refresh my memory, give me a few days to sort it out

thanks for ur repply.if u proved it asm file & ckt.diagram also.we also try it.i have need it.

thanks for ur repply.if u proved it asm file & ckt.diagram also.we also try it.i have need it.

I use PDS and dont't think the asm will be any good to you

Proton development suit PICBASIC

Reactions: ipek

ipek

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back