Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC microcontroller to TCP/IP - anybode experience with EDPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoXuS

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tcp/ip pic

hello all,
I maybe need to interface an existing equipment based around a microcontroller to a network.
The existing equipment only has a serial port as interface. The rest is a closed system. No redesign or anything is possible.
Now I need to make the data on the serial port available via TCP/IP.

I was thinking about using a PIC microcontroller to implement the logic of translating the serial information into TCP/IP packets for the net.

I stumbled across the website of EDTP. http://www.edtp.com/
The "EDPT Easy Ethernet W" or the "Packet Whacker" look like they could provide a good solution. Anybody got any experience with these boards?
I find the information located on the website very limited.

Does anybode know some example projects (preferably with source code) that show a concrete application of these boards. I'm especially interested in the TCP/IP communication.

Thanks in advance for all your help. It's greatly appreciated.

pic tcp

The EDTP boards are pretty good but the software is not that great. It does simple IP but then again I guess what more could you expect from a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.