Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Dual Channel Virtual Scope from October 2000 EPE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

starlet

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtual scope

hi friends

i want to make this project. has anyone tried this. where to find its codes.
how to start this?
or has any other option like this using PIC 16F877 and PC for a Scope.

october 2000 of epe magazine

starlet said:
hi friends

i want to make this project. has anyone tried this. where to find its codes.
how to start this?
or has any other option like this using PIC 16F877 and PC for a Scope.

Hi Starlet

Here is the code of pc based virtual scope design based PIC 16F877 please note that the firmware and associated pc file at there FTP site have some bug but the uploaded file have no bug in any case, also the code was converted to MPASM compatible.

bsi 62c256

I plan to build LCD Scope with colur lcd. Who can help me.

epe 2000 oct

the search function is great :)

epe virtual scope code

xdev said:
I plan to build LCD Scope with colur lcd. Who can help me.

picvscope

does anyone know of a different sram chip to use?
i can't find the TC55257dpl-85 or the NEC chip either that EPE suggest's

ram cypress bsi problem

bbarney said:
does anyone know of a different sram chip to use?
i can't find the TC55257dpl-85 or the NEC chip either that EPE suggest's
Both Toshiba TC55257DPL and TC55257DPI could be used if they were not obsolete, you can find this info at page 728 in the EPE magazine.
Both IC's are however discontinued so you probably wont be able to find them anywhere.
Here's the data sheet for TC55257DPI: www.toshiba.com/taec/components/Datasheet/257di-v.pdf
The "speed grade" should be <=100ns according to EPE.
Low Power SRAM 32k*8 bytes; 5V; 28 pin DIP.
Toshiba doesn't produce any 32k*8 parts anymore.

#1) But I searched for a replacement at Cypress and found two ICs.
I used their cross reference and it found two replacemets that "Meets all Functional Specifications":
CY62256L-70PC
CY62256LL-70PC

Here's a link to the search in the cross reference:
www.cypress.com/products/results.cf...57DPL&ffCompetitors=34&ffSearchType=CrossRef&

Here's the CY62256 product page:
www.cypress.com/products/datasheet.cfm?partnum=CY62256

I had problems downloading the data sheet from Cypress, but I downloaded it from DigiKey instead:
**broken link removed**

Looking at the data sheets, it looks like the address pins are placed different, but the order of the address pins doesn't matter because the data will just be stored in another order and when you read the data again it reads the data in the same order as it was stored. So it shouldn't be nessasry to change anything to the board layout.

You can buy CY62256 online at both DigiKey and RS Components.

#2) You can also use Samsung K6X0808C1D:
www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/SRAM/LowPower/LowPower/256Kbit/K6X0808C1D/K6X0808C1D.htm
This devices is also pin-compatible.

#3) You can also use one of thes SRAMs from NEC:
**broken link removed**
µPD43256BCZ-70L
µPD43256BCZ-70LL
µPD43256BCZ-85L
µPD43256BCZ-85LL

You can buy µPD43256BCZ-70LL at RS Components, this is the replacement part recommended by EPE, but the other SRAMs mentioned in this post should work just as well. EPE SRAM seplacement note: **broken link removed**

'LL' types uses less current than 'L' types, it is all 5V types.

#4) And last you can also use ISSI IS62C256:
http://www.issi.com/pdf/62C256.pdf

So you could either use Cypress, Samsung, NEC or ISSI. Just buy the cheapest one, or the one which is easiest to get. It might even be possible to find even more vendors who makes a pin-compatible 32k*8 SRAM; 28-pin DIP.

epe website ftp have free code

alphi said:
epe website ftp have free code
Yes you can download the PC software and PIC firmware here:
**broken link removed**

But please read the post made by Fragrance:
Fragrance said:
Here is the code of pc based virtual scope design based PIC 16F877 please note that the firmware and associated pc file at there FTP site have some bug but the uploaded file have no bug in any case, also the code was converted to MPASM compatible.

You should probably download Fragrance's software instead, as he claims there is some bugs in the original software. I don't know what the bugs are, but maybe Fragrance could tell that?

Fragrance's code is also converted to be MPASM compatible.

hi

some bug in the exe which avaible online it never work as describe in artical also bug in there quick basic source. luckly i have bought orignal cd from them which have lot of code on it.

just compair asm file with download asm file you will find the diffrences in code aslo compair quick basic code with dowloaded pc file you will find some line are missing :( :(

i did run across the cypress chip but wasn't sure it would work
because of the pinout.i can get that chip but none of the others.so you have answered 2 questions i had.youv'e been most helpful thanks.good to know about the code problem too fragrance.last question is it worth building?
bbarney

after checking digi-key,mouser,futurlec,newark,nte the only chip i can get is the cypress,so i'll take my chances and order one.i'll let you know how it works out.thank's again me for all your help

i'am in canada and the only chip i seem to be able to get is the cypress chip,it's also the cheapest. i did find a place in the states that had the tc55257dpl but they wanted $45US for that chip.they can keep it.all those chips you found would have worked great if i could have got them

hi all friends

here some info for all friends what i have notice that the scope will not working in window XP or 2000 but working fine in window Me and 98

and Ram HM62256-70 working fine with hardware

Fragrance said:
hi all friends

here some info for all friends what i have notice that the scope will not working in window XP or 2000 but working fine in window Me and 98
It's probably because of the way it acceses the parallel port.
This is more restricted in WinXP / 2000.

ME said:
Fragrance said:
hi all friends

It's probably because of the way it acceses the parallel port.
This is more restricted in WinXP / 2000.

you were quite right it is due to 2000 and xp restriction

fragrance
is this project worth building?

bbarney said:
fragrance
is this project worth building?

yes you can learn lot of thing interfacing of pic to pc ad convertion and how implement it, once you get it in work may you will think around how to get it to work with high frequencies with out using fpga or other programable logic,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back