Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC based remote control car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talha083

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all
i em making small project ,,controlling remote control car using at89c51 controller,,
i want some help,,
can u tell me software to control serial port (RS 232),,,for sending data to max232 then to controller ..
em using KEIL software for assembling,,
plz,,whatever u can guide,,thanks in advance,

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

and i hv also problem here,,can anybody tell me what these commands do,,

1) CSEG AT 0
2) JNB RI,$
3) MOV A,SBUF

code segment at 0 i.e starting location
till RI is zero stay in the same loop
after ri becomes 1 that means data is received then the data stored in SBUF is moved to accumulator.

Are you using RF to send commands from PC to car. is it wireless project?

check **broken link removed** for sending data to max232 and then to controller.

CSEG AT 0 : the assembler starts the absolute segment from 0 address
MOV A,SBUF : Move the char A to SBUF reg

i guess u re using this in receive routine:
JNB RI,$ //waits for a char to be recieved
MOV A,SBUF //take the recieved char
CLR RI //clear RI flag

The program is by default stored in the "Flash" ROM of your controller so that the memory does not get erased, when you power off. when you execute the program it is copied to RAM for execution.
Without any wireless communication how are you going to send data to car from serial communication.
You need 2 boards one with transmitter to transmit data what you send from serial port and other receiver that receives the data wirelessly and decodes the received data and controls the car.

hmm thnx ,,
em not doing it without wireless,,,
em using wired comm. to access the remote,,,i hv taken circuit,coding from 8051projects.info
pc based robot car.

hi i m bilal from pakistan and i want to know one thing to u
i m interested to make a circuit that allow remote control car to move through pc keyboard, interfacing but i don't have any idea about it so can u send me the complete detail that how i operate my car through keyboard interfacing
my email id is bilalali9110@hotmail.com

but dont use sms short form in this forum... its not permitted as many people find it difficult to understand, including me.....
I still dont get your requirement.... how can you just control with wires... you wont get much distance... only way is through serial communication.....

yeh i know the way is through serial communication ,can u plzz help me and give me the complete detail of this i don't have any idea about making this project but i m really interested to making this

yeh i know the way is through serial communication ,can u plzz help me and give me the complete detail of this i don't have any idea about making this project but i m really interested to making this

i hope you understand when i say dont use sms words or short forms of any words like plzzz for please u for you... you will be warned for this or later banned for repeated mistakes....

coming to project... use 8051 controller and write serial program to send some commands like 'A' -> forward. 'B' -> reverse, 'C' -> left, 'D' -> right etc....

depending on the data received from serial port, control the DC motor movement, using an motor driver like L293D IC between motor and controller.

Hey,

I used RFM12 modules for a simple wireless project. Check the link in my footer to see what is possible. I made a "transparent" wireless uart / rs-232. Just send data on 1 side and read it on the other (and backwards as it is semi-duplex).

Drop me a message when you need more info.

Greetings Matthijs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back