Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pc for coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter887

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on building a PC so I can start learning how to code. I have a build in mind but am fairly new to the pc game. I was hoping if I could get recommendations on how to either upgrade performance or choose other quality items at a reduced price. I do really like my choice in CPU and tower but my heart really is not set on anything else. I'm not looking into getting a video card because the Ryzen comes with pretty good integrated graphics as far as I've seen. I would ideally like to use the pc for gaming at some point which is why I'm looking at getting a 750w power supply but I'm trying to stay under $1300ish for the build as of right now. The Ryzen also comes with the wraith stealth cpu cooler so I don't think I'll need a different cpu cooler. I know I'd need some case fans, keyboard and mouse as well but I haven't quite looked that far yet.

Tower-Mid tower Corsair 4000D airflow CPU-Amd ryzen 5 5600g Motherboard-Asus am4 tuf x570 plus wifi Memory-Corsair vengeance 2x8gb PSU-Sea sonic focus gm-750w Storage-Samsung 970evo plus 2Tb Monitor-dell S2721qs 4K (3840x2160)

Any recommendations would be very appreciated 😊

Thank you!

To learn to code you can have the most basic of computers so the specification of your machine will be down to whatever else you'll be doing on it.

Do you really need to build a PC to learn to code? I thought you could just use an old PC. Sorry if my question seems a bit dumb. I'm a noob.

To learn to code you don't need performance, you can use almost anything that will run your OS.
Speed isn't important but it is nice to have, particularly if you run simulations to test your code, the faster it is the more like 'real time' it will behave.

if you are coding high resolution live video or animated graphics you do need the speed and resources but that is a very advanced programming that few of us can manage. I'm really speaking for myself with 45 years of programming behind me and I wouldn't have confidence to take on a task like that! Start with the basics on a basic machine and preferably try to code in C or C++ or maybe Python, Rust or Ruby until you are confident about how software and hardware interact with each other.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back