Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Overview to Cadence, Magma, Synopsys, Tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekartut

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tanner cadence

Give me a overview in relation with the EDA tools shown below.

Cadence
Tanner
Magma
Synopsys
Aliance
Modelsim

cadence magma

HI!

Cadence/Magma/Tanner/Synopsis all are IC design tools. With them U can perform IC Layout Design/ Circuit Design/ simulation/ chip design.

Modelsim is a simulator used for gate level digital circuit design. it is used with VHDl and Verilog compilers.

do revert me if u need any other info.

Kundan

magma synopsys cadence

alliance provides a complete set of free tools from simulating,synthesizing the design to entire set of tools for physical design to the gdsII stage.

it provides libraries along with it too. i've not figured out how to integrate lefs of macros to the design yet, or change the library per se. will tell u once i figure out.

Magama , synopsis are mostly used for chip design(purely digital). tanner though supports digital and analog, mostly used for analog design alone. incase of mixed signal SOC design cadence is quite handy. primetime and design compiler of synopsis are belived to be best in timing and synthesis for digital design.Magma comes handy in physical design. all these can get u to GDSII

alliance is a freeware EDA tool. mostly used for academic purpose , but cant be used in an industry.but it gives a good jump start for getting into ASIC design.

modelsim is simulation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back