Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCad footprint creating question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowolf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to make a footprint which uses overlapping pins.

Assumng I have an component with 4 pins, of which pins 2 and 3 are electricaly connected on the component, how can I create a footprint that takes this into acount on routing the PCB (so they are not connected via PCB)?

Your question sounds a little confusing... Normally you would just simply not connect the pins in the layout... Why you don't want to connect the pins on the PCB as well as inside the chip? Could you post a part number of your component, so that we better understand what you want to do? A snippet of your schematic with that component would be helpful too. It might help to simply disconnect the pins in the schematic.

You are rigth, I asked the wrong question.. I want the net to which are both pins connected to continue through the component, not on the PCB between the pins, so I could rute another net between them.

Beowolf said:
I want the net to which are both pins connected to continue through the component, not on the PCB between the pins, so I could rute another net between them.

Either of the following 2 approacahes should work:
- In teh schematic split the original net in two. Essentially, don't connect the pins in the schematic, if you don't want to connect them in the PCB. Put a note nearby saying that he pins are connected inside the IC.
- Don't route the connection between the pins. The DRC will give you an error, but you should be able to simply ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back