Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad cross reference error

Status
Not open for further replies.

danner123

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I am getting an error with a hierarchy design when I try to create my CROSS REFERENCE REPORT:

The ERROR is:

INFO(ORCAP-1399): Performing Cross Reference.
ERROR(ORCAP-1800): Duplicate Reference: U3A.
ERROR(ORCAP-1800): Duplicate Reference: U1A.
ERROR(ORCAP-1800): Duplicate Reference: U2A.

Does anyone know how to resolve that issue? Basically I have a FULLADDER design with 2 HALF ADDER HIERARCHY BLOCKS.

Thanks for your help!

Can you post your schematic with your designs and references?

Basically I was going through the ORCAD Flow Tutorial. In that document, a Full Adder is designed using bottom-up method hierarchy using two Half Adders. The 2 half adders are a copy of each other. I have attached the schematics. FullAdder.png

- - - Updated - - -

Reposting since picture got cut off.FullAdder.png

Are the Halfadder-schematics pages in the same schematic folder in the project manager as the main schematic. I tried and placed same in different schematic folders in the project manager and there were no problems with cross reference check.

I have attached my cross reference output (still has an error popup window)

I have also attached my Project Manager Window.

Project Manager Window.png
Cross Reference.png

- - - Updated - - -

My problem is when I descend the hierarchy under HALFADD_A1 and HALFADD_B1 they are exactly the same reference part numbers. I can't figure out how to fix that.

Maybe delete all Ref. numbers and assign them automatically new (somewhere under "Tools")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back