Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on Freescale ig Bee evaluation board performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2002

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ZigBee

Did anyone try Freescale "Zig Bee" Evaluation board.
This is very interesting wireless bus for microcontrollers.

Please post !!!

Re: Zig Bee

how much is it ?
I was about to buy Zigbee stuff fron Chipcon, but the DK is damn expensive

I do not know what is cost. I got it free. It contain two trancivers 2.4Ghz what can bee connected to computer RS232. I have not tried yet.

Hi mike

Even I aminterested to get "Zig Bee" Evaluation board can you please let me how to go about to get the Evaluation board

Thanks

Zig Bee

Check this:

Ace-X.

Freescale provides ZigBee demo board free, see Circuit Cellar design context.

dacadc said:
Freescale provides ZigBee demo board free, see Circuit Cellar design context.

Unfortunately, it is available only for US and Canada.

ZigBee is a hot topic recently. Where can I find more techincal info or book about it?

I have only several articles, commertial customers are joining the Zigbee alliance. I have looked at Amazon and did not find very useful.

SolarTorch said:
ZigBee is a hot topic recently. Where can I find more techincal info or book about it?
**broken link removed**
Resources

Advertorials
Analyst Reports
Books
Slide Presentations
White Papers
Useful Industry Links

Re: ZigBee

I was suprised by high price of joining to group. Looks that only large companies are able to join. Not good.

Try to look at the picture at their frontpage:

It doesn't seem very professional to have a mirrored picture at the frontpage. I wonder what they spend all the money on, I don't hope they spend too much on threir webdesingners.

I think, their consultants eat these money for endless inter group agreements.

About getting Freescale test board: I can advice push freescale and they send board free without any problems

I know the Zipbee specification has not been finalized. So why Freescale has the Zipbee solution? Is it just partial / preliminary version of Zipbee?

Is there anyone has the preliminary specification?

ZigBee

Chipcon have also released ZigBee chips some time ago.
First CC2420 and now also CC2430.
**broken link removed**

ZigBee is based on the IEEE 802.15.4 standard.

Btw. it's ZigBee, not Zipbee.

Atmel looks also big player in this market. I heard they released dedicated AVR chips for this.

dacadc said:
Atmel looks also big player in this market. I heard they released dedicated AVR chips for this.
They are not released yet, but they were announced some time ago and are still in development:
http://www.atmel.com/products/zigbee/
They are going to release a two chips solution:
Atmel is committed to providing cost effective, easy-to-use, highly reliable, and secure system solutions for the wireless market. Supporting that goal, Atmel’s ZigBee-ready product line will include a complete ZigBee and 802.15.4 solution of RF transceivers, tailored microcontrollers, and software and reference designs. Atmel's AT86RF210 Z-Link™ Transceiver, capable of transmitting and receiving modulated digital data over the 868/915 MHz bands with data rates up to 20 kbps and 40 kbps respectively, is currently in development. Another product in development, the AT86ZL3201 Z-Link Controller, is a ZigBee-ready controller, based on Atmel’s high performance AVR® RISC microcontroller core. It includes SRAM and Flash memory and is optimized for 802.15.4 as well as ZigBee applications, and supports all bands (868/915 MHz and 2.4 GHz).

What about ZigBee protocol upper layers specs? I know it was planned to be released on Q4 2004... is it already done? Have anybody ever seen this stuff? (it seems harder to find than original Moses' ten-commandments tablets)
Please, upload it.

I think yes, because Chipcon and Freescale suggests ready to use dev kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.