Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opening GDS file in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

navioet

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gds file

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to open my GDS file done in Layout Editor (Windows environment) in the Cadence environment but with no sucess.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

how to open gds file

Go to your CIW window, then pick File>Import>Stream. There you can search your *.gds file with the Browse button for the Input File. You can also specify where to save your output layout.

Regards

gds file opener

Hi Wilco,

Thanks for your post.

I've tried that but I was not able to browse the location of my .gds file which is on the Windows platform. Is there any way to save the .gds file in the Cadence environment?

Many thanks in advance.

how to open .gds file

Is your .gds file in a Windows OS partition ?
If yes, you should check if that partition is a NTFS one for you to be able to open the .gds from a Linux environment (where Cadence is installed) ..
By other hand, you simply can copy it in one of your Linux partitions (for example in your linux home directory) ..
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back