Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no path found problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaidali

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all members ,
i am using a matrix operations in vhdl , like matrix addition , subtraction , i declare the matrices as type arrays (distributed ram ) , i am reading the elements of matrices from those arrays , make the operations on them , then i save also in a matrix (array type) , the simulation works ok , but always it tell me that ( no path found ) , but i can't use inport and out port , i just need to save the elements in a memory and doing the operations on them , so plz if you can help me in that ,thanx a lot

but always it tell me that ( no path found )
What is telling you 'no path found'?

but i can't use inport and out port , i just need to save the elements in a memory and doing the operations on them
Is the memory accessible from the outside world (i.e. the top level entity)? If not, then it will synthesize to nothing since the result of your computation has no way to effect any external I/O therefore it can be removed which is exactly the correct behavior for synthesis...presuming that a synthesis tool is the one saying 'no path found'

Kevin Jennings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back