Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nmos bulk in cadence layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
khaled2k said:
I receive the "no stamped connection" error only when extracting the layout then do DRC. Before extraction there is no DRC error.
Khaled,
you are not expected to run a DRC on extracted layout; this will never work, because the extracted layout doesn't contain the necessary layers. If your DRC on the layout before extraction is ok, all is fine!

In your layout why the transistor are in different orientation

use only (horizontal) or use only (vertical).

avoid using both.

erikl said:
khaled2k said:
I receive the "no stamped connection" error only when extracting the layout then do DRC. Before extraction there is no DRC error.
Khaled,
you are not expected to run a DRC on extracted layout; this will never work, because the extracted layout doesn't contain the necessary layers. If your DRC on the layout before extraction is ok, all is fine!

Hi erikl,
I didn't explain what I do well.
I run DRC then it is fine
Extract
run DRC on LAYOUT again, I receive no stamped connection error.

I do LVS I got 5 nets in EXTRACTED and 4 nets in SCHEMATICS, there is a strange node called 5, and there is no VDD in extracted view. check the previous log.

Check contact to nwell. Maybe instead of N-type you have inserted contact P-type.

Dear friends we can remove the error of "no stamped connection " in this way.
while drawing the schematic and filling the form of nmos or pmos make sure whether u had entered
body tie type (is in the form while entering width and length) ;- as integrated or detached.
integrated means in vxl bulk will be attached to source.
detached means in vxl bulk will be separate from source.
i hope the information provided will be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back