Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie: about pipeline design

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardleo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After learning some fundamental principles of pipeline technology, I am still confused by this question: how to analyze the function and then divide it into several stages to develop/design a pipeline device or other things.

Is there any good document or paper illustrate how to design such a pipeline device from ground up ? Maybe from function analysis to detail verilog, ^_^

thx in advance

In case u have a function or algorithm and you want to pipeline it then first u should know about various scheduling algorithms.. In u can tell me something about function or detail of application I can help....

Sorry,
I am just student, and curious to know more about pipeline tech. Therefore, I don't have any specific project/application.

You can refer to the following paper
Nohbyung Park, Alice C. Parker, "Sehwa: A program for Synthesis of Pipelines" Proceedings of the 23rd A CM/IEEE conference on Design automation 1986 , Las Vegas, USA. Pages 454-460

Also u can refer to the following report
"http://www.cse.iitd.ernet.in/esproject/homepage/docs/projects/2002-2003/prashant.final.ps.gz"
I am also refering this for some pipeline module..

Hi, If u r just starting on Pipelining, then pick up some good computer Architecture Book (Hennesy & Patterson is the Best) & absorb the details. After that you will youself be able to divide the Module for implementing Pipelining.

Refer to Giovanni De Micheli's book "Synthesis and Optimization of digital circuits" for details on functional pipelining of behavioral code.

The points to be noted are:

1. Operations executing at concurrent times, will not share resources amongst one another whereas they can share with other operations

2. data initiation rate and schedule length, which determines the number of stages of the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back