Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open Synthesized Design in Genus

zharfandish

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I already synthesized a design using Cadence Genus Synthesis, and I have the netlist verilog file. I closed the Genus GUI synthesis. I can't open my already synthesized design. Please help me with necessary guides and Genus command tools to open my synthesized file.

you can't really get the genus session back. best you can do is point to the netlist and consider it what used to be your RTL input. But that way genus loses track of all the convoluted optimizations it did, including the datapath ones for arithmetic operators.

That's odd. You usually write out the format in verilog via a command like:

write_netlist > output.v

It should be there in the directory you invoked Genus from. Did this fail? Was there an error? Or did you try writing it in some other format?

You can try replaying the command file to see the result. It SHOULD be the same. source genus.cmd???

And as a practice, it is best to run genus via a script. Keep in mind that synthesis is often run several times because bugs are found and you have to do a respin. So you type a command and write it to a script. Then another command and put it in your script. Once done you should be able to just open Genus and run the script to get the result.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back