Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Genus - force entity to be synthesized as specific cell

krippkrupp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an entity for clock_gating in my design, which should be synthesized as a specific clock gating cell in one of the libraries that I have loaded into Genus.
However, Genus doesn't seem to recognize this cell to be used, and instead synthesizes my clock gating entity to separate cells (latches, NAND and INV), which causes some issues downstream.
One way to do a quick fix is to change the generated netlist manually, but that feels like a hack and I want to find a more generic solution for this issue.
Is there a way to map an entity to a specific cell from my libraries in Genus?

Thanks in advance!

I believe there is a way to force genus to only use clock gating integrated cells and never build clock gaters from discrete cells. this should help you achieve what you want.

however, the fact that genus is not picking these cells by default is alarming. there might be some issue with how their lib/lef is described. I would carefully check the logs first.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back