Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need of Endcaps in design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: endcap decap well-tap

End cap cells are the cells which are used in PnR flow
We can either use fillers or decaps as end cap cells
The main purpose of using this cells is to reduce the antenna effect in power and ground follow pins
EndCaps are the cells which consisting of power and ground pins there is no signal pin to the endcap cells
If you have any issues reply here

Thanks
Saikrishna Reddy k

As previous users has pointed , End cap cells are used in PNR flow.
However we cannot use normal fillers or decaps as end caps cells, but we can use welltie cells as Endcaps

End cap cells are the cells which are used in PnR flow
We can either use fillers or decaps as end cap cells
The main purpose of using this cells is to reduce the antenna effect in power and ground follow pins
EndCaps are the cells which consisting of power and ground pins there is no signal pin to the endcap cells
If you have any issues reply here

Thanks
Saikrishna Reddy k

Hi saikrishna Reddy
Can you elaborate how it will reduce antenna effect.I Know only two methods two reduce antenna effect 1)Reducing the wire length near the gate 2)using the diode

Thanks

end cap cells are defined at the end of design.
These are physical cells which do not have any functionality
These cells are basically used at the time fabrication not to damage the cells which are defined at the end of the row these endcap cells are used....,

Thanks & Regards,
D.Raviteja

Hi saikrishna Reddy
Can you elaborate how it will reduce antenna effect.I Know only two methods two reduce antenna effect 1)Reducing the wire length near the gate 2)using the diode

Thanks

Hi Praveen
The 2 things which you stated above are the 2 important steps in reducing antenna effect . Here we are talking about pnr flow .So none of these things are not in the hands of pnr engineer
PnR engineer use these end cap cells to reduce antenna how means in pnr flow the power and ground nets should not be floating at the ends .So to avoid that problem we will use end-cap cells at the end power and ground wires .This also cause antenna effect
Hope you got it feel free to mail me also if you have any issues further

Thanks
Sai Krishna Reddy k

Hi Praveen
The 2 things which you stated above are the 2 important steps in reducing antenna effect . Here we are talking about pnr flow .So none of these things are not in the hands of pnr engineer
PnR engineer use these end cap cells to reduce antenna how means in pnr flow the power and ground nets should not be floating at the ends .So to avoid that problem we will use end-cap cells at the end power and ground wires .This also cause antenna effect
Hope you got it feel free to mail me also if you have any issues further

Thanks
Sai Krishna Reddy k

Hi Sai Krishna Reddy,

Ya I understood now.Thanks for spending your valuable time to write the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back