Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in a module that detects wireless RF switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

orchidboy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wireless RF Switches

Hi,

I would like to build a module that detects a number of separate wireless switches located across a room (maximum 16) either using RF, Bluetooth or some other transmission method that does not require a “point to point” view (ie Infrared) the maximum transmission distance is 30 ft.

The only Output I need from the transmitter is a simple on/off switch; with a corresponding LED to be lit on the Receiver unit i.e. transmitter switch 4 will light the LED 4 on the receiver...

Can anyone suggest the best way of approaching this??... is there a module or circuit out there that will allow me to do this??

Thanking you in advance for all of your help.

Regards

Ajay Sood

Re: Wireless RF Switches

This is exactly the type of application ZigBee was developed for. Microchip has a nice product offering including hardware, a Free Zigbee stack and several demo/development boards. You should check out their "Zigbee Design Center" at: **broken link removed**

Re: Wireless RF Switches

Hi GSM Man,

Thank you for your post... I was not aware of Zigbee before this and this is definitely something I will investigate further...

My only major concern right now is the cost of the individual components, is there a cheaper alternative?

My plan was to link the Receiving unit to Arduino, so that when a switch is triggered a suitable "program/subroutine" is run, i noticed that the Zigbee stack has it's own PIC components.... can you just purchase the transmit/receive modules and link them to Arduinio?? or something similar??

Thanks again for your help, it is most appreciated.

Regards

Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back