Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in fitting laser module inside a torch case

Andromeda1234

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently bought a laser diode which I firmly fit in a laser module for its driver and thermal heatsinking. I got a small torch case in which the module fits perfectly ( tightly ). Now the module being metal and also the torch case, it is creating a problem. The problem is, since this torch uses the case(metal) itself for one side connection and the laser diode is case negative and the diode is in contact with the case via module, as far as I know, if I used the case as the connection the unfiltered or unmodified current would damage my laser ( please correct me if I'm wrong).
If this is a problem
Is there anyway I could modify the driver or do anything to eliminate the problem for fitting it inside the case?

Driver schematics below (Sorry I'm bad at drawing schematics)

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_122810_627.jpg
    IMG_20240303_122810_627.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 42

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: