Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple Sim card to a single sim300

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudarshann

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I have the following doubts regarding interfacing multiple sim cards with a single sim300 module.

As you know sim card has the following pins

1 Vcc
2 Reset
3 CLK
4 Gnd
5 Vpp (not used)
6 I/O

In my case I need to use 32 sim cards with a single SIM300. Meaning only one sim out of 32 will be active. and active sim is decided by the mcu controlling the system.

The doubt i have is how can connect all the sim cards to same sim300. Can I do the below methods
1) tie vcc, reset, gnd, IO together and connect the clock signal of the required sim to the sim 300
2) I need a active sim indicator. to which line can i connect an led (smd) for indication.

Please provide me a solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance

Without CLK connected the card might stay in an undefined state, I won't be sure that I/O isn't possibly driving out. Also the capacitive load might require to disconnect I/O.

I may be that the mobile devices switches off VCC while no accessing the card, otherwise you would monitor clock activity.

You mean to say that I can tie up gnd, reset, clk, io together and switch Vcc alone. is that what you mean ?
Will that work?

No. I said that at least I/O should be switched besides CLK. Switching all four connected non-ground card contacts would be the safe variant.

Besides a 5-level binary tree of DT (double throw) switches, I would consider other multiplexers.

Dear Sir,
I have tired muxing 4 lines of 4 sim card as binary tree. but the design is getting much complex than I expected.
you mentioned other multiplexers what are the other options that you suggest Sir.

the devices like below
https://www.addpac.com/addpac_eng2/customer_notice_view.php?notice_id=306

they have gone more than 512 sim cards equipment. and 16 sims per module in it.

Can you suggest to get atleast to 8 sim per SIM900 module ?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back