Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WH-LTE-7S1 GSM module and SIM card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

setbit

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I can communicate with the WH-LTE-7S1-E LTE/GSM module, but it sends periodically "No SIM<CR><LF>" messages and "WH-LTE-7S1-E" boot messages. These messages are disturb my communication. Of course, I put SIM card into the socket.

Both of SIM cards I tried, are valid, and works perfectly in other devices from 1.8V power voltage.
I see SIM DAT and SIM CLK activity before No SIM<CR><LF> messages. The signal shapes are correct.
The SIM RST pin goes to 1,8V 3,8sec after power on.
I pulled up the SIM_DAT pin to 1.8V VSIM voltage, (as WH-LTE-7S1-E Hardware Manual suggests) but it doesn’t helped.
A strange thing I see, the SIM CLK has 32 period on the shortest (probably 1 bit wide) SIM DAT pulse.
Unfortunately there is nothing info on the internet about usage of WH-LTE-7S1-E.
The factory documents are not very talkative, and I can not found any application or a row of source code about this module.
Link to factory documents: https://www.pusr.com/products/LTE-Cat-1-module.html

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Gyuri

Periodic reboot suggests insufficient peak current capability of the power supply.
Hi FvM, It is absolutely good idea, but I checked the power on the WH-LTE-7S1-E, and it is stable, no glitch at all.
I connected to an other, 5A power supply directly, but the problem remained.
Intrestingly, it seems, the module itself pull down it's RELOAD pin for 3 sec periodically.
My circuit do not connect to RELOAD pin at all, and the module has inner pull up.

Status
Not open for further replies.