Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MTL(MOS translineer loop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikemal

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. Is MOS translineer loop 2 quadrant multiplier or what? if it is why? Thank you...

Thank you. it is a good resource about MTL but it does not contain any information about my question.

... it does not contain any information about my question.

I think for the 1st part of your question:
Is MOS translineer loop 2 quadrant multiplier or what?
it does: s. p. 13, Fig. 13 of Vittoz' overview article:
... the multiplication/division of current signals is best achieved by using translinear circuits. A simple example is illustrated in Fig.13.
Fig.13 : Multiplication/division of currents by a translinear loop.

My
Inter alia
from above means there are more possible applications for translinear loop circuits than just (2 quadrant) multiplication. E.g. it can also be used to evaluate the mean square value of 2 currents.

I admit your 2nd part of your question
if it is why?
isn't answered explicitely. I found one more article by E. Vittoz about translinear circuits with some more explanation: View attachment Vittoz__Translinear_circuits.pdf. If you need more, I'd suggest to search the corresponding literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.