Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Moved]: Impact of multiplicity on RF transistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fávero Santos

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, all. Hope everyone's doing fine.

I'm synthesizing a microwave PA @ 2.4 GHz using sub 200nm CMOS technology. I've choosen cascode topology. The upper transistor configs are: wtot = 400u/multiplicity, number of fingers = 3 and multiplicity = 9.

My doubt: Is there any constraint when using a large multiplicity number as I've used? How the large multiplicity number will affect my layout?

Thank you all

Fávero

Is there any constraint when using a large multiplicity number as I've used? How the large multiplicity number will affect my layout?

m=9 isn't too large, if you keep the 9 equal units closely together, e.g. in a 3x3 array.

More the multiplier, more the parasitic due to layout (more routing connecting different multiplier). But if you are using RF transistor model for the design, I assume the parasitic are well modeled and you will see very little change from schematic to layout results. However, there is a limit on the maximum number of fingers that can be used. Multiplier of 9 is not too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back