Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

munnalk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,
i am a B.E 3rd yr student who is stuck with a prof who doesn't know much however i hav to do design n simulate a microstrip patch antenna on Ie3d.I feel a little helpless and would really appreciate if somebody could answer the following Qs
1)Is Ie3d the correct software to design n simulate a microstrip patch antenna?
2)All I know are the basics of antennas so how n where do i start?

Please go to www.zeland.com. There is a Zeland Virtual Training there. Regards.

sure IE3D is good software. I have seen people used it in Patch antenna design.
Some tutorial on zeland.com are provided. go through them as suggested by jian.
Also On this forum search some tutorial on patch antenna in HFSS.
Though software is different you will get an idea.

**broken link removed**

Also see this tutorial for reference.
This will help a lot.
Best of luck

Just try search feature .....

There are many tutirials in this forum abt patch antenna ..

Study some books .. Like Bahkl nad bhatia : microstrip antenna design ,, It will clear concept..

I worked on Ansoft designer

You may try that

hi,

you can refer to Microwave engineering Book by POZAR, Second or third edition - you will get the complete knowledge of microstips. then start simulations.

you can simulate it using ADS, but 2D/2.5Dmomentum only or else use HFSS. Search the "HFSS Tutorial" in this forum you will get microstrip antennna

Hi all,
want to design a patch feed for S band reception..
can someone provide design steps and photographs??
thankz

Hi...
If your antenna design involves a planar structure and more BW, better to use Flomerics' MICROSTRIPES 7.0.

I worked in Ansoft HFSS and other em s/w's... The choice of s/w depends on the type of antenna to design.

Books :
As someone mentioned.. pozar is must and more knowledge u can get it in Broadband MS antennas by IJ Bahl etc.

One more great book u can refer is Microstrip antennas by T.C Edwards (includes the practical way of implementation)

aditya[/b]

All these softwares require licenses, so use whichever available to you. Microstrip antenna is fairly simple to simulate so shouldn't be a problem. All the required information is within the forum.Best of luck.

hi,
this may be useful for u

Attachments

• simulation_of_a_2.4_ghz_patch_antenna_using_ie3d_8106.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 271

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back