Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MICROCONTROLLER with 2 14-Bit A/D Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

guerrez

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!
I want to pilot two LVDT sensors with high resolution, using a microcontroller, I need in it two 14-bit ADC! Unfortunately I can't find a microcontroller with in it two 14-bit (or more) ADC!!
Can you suggest me one?

Thank you all!!

If you can't find one, create one using oversampling. By the way look at cypress.com in the PSoC1 series they have real good product.

but the oversampling technic has controindications?

Most MCU have 8-bit or 10-bit ADC. When you have MCU with higher precision this is the way they do it. This is a document talking about it: http://www.actel.com/documents/Improve_ADC_WP.pdf . Look for decimation.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

This is the way they (usually) do it.

Analog devices ADuC chips are another option with 16 and 24 Bit ADCs.

ah, I haven't see this! I hope the Sigma-Delta will be enought fast, the SAR sure is faster, becouse I will use it for doing an AM demodulation, that is a prodout between the carrier at the primary coil (that is generated with the PWM of the microcontroller) and the output at the secondary coil, comeing into the microcontroller!

I have seen that there are some microcontrollers with two A/D converter, (becouse I have 2 LVDTs), with a PWM modulator for create the sinewave form for the primary. But I also need high speed, becouse the control is needed to be as fast as possible. Do you know if are there any DSP instead of microcontrollers that could have ever two 14bit ADCs and being faster than microcontrollers?
I attach the article that I want to reproduce.

Thank you in advice!

Attachments

• 03 - TI - spra946 - Signal Conditioning an LVDT Using a TMS320F2812 DSP.pdf
    428.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 02 - A Novel DSP-Based LVDT Signal Conditioner (GOOD).pdf
    99.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.