Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] making a new device in eagle ... with copied power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogLow

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello-

I am building a new device for a 64 pin IC socket. There are multiple versions of the same supply voltage throughout the chip. For example, I need to connect my GND at pin#1 and GND at pin#30.

When I build the symbol for the IC socket in eagle, it requires that I use different pin names for each pin (e.g. GND1 at pin#1 and GND30 at pin#30). Any way around this? In other words, I want the pin name GND at both pin#1 and pin#30.

Thanks,
analogLow :)

If you name the pins GND@1 GND@2 etc then in the final part they will all be called GND which I think is what you want. You cannot have duplicate names but that gets round the problem. If you call them GND1, GND2 etc then they will be named GND1, GND2 etc.

Keith.

Thanks ... this is a much cleaner solution. Now when I add the part to my .sch file, GND is listed for all the GND@1, GND@2 pins.

Cheers,
analogLow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back