Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lvs with pads with ams 0.35um(c35b4c3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoud

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pads lvs

Hi all. I have completed the layout with padframe and i try to run lvs but i get 3 errors, all of them related to pads (IOPROP, IOALLVDD, IOALLGND). The errors are about short locator. Does anyone have any idea how to connect those pads, or what pins i have to use at this top layout cell to have no problems with pads.
Thank you!!1

Usually in power pads there will be some other power global supply lines like vdd3r! gnd3r! etc. these are to provide supply to the esd protection circuitry or other circuits inside the pad. If u check the schematic of your pad you may see these power supply lines are connectede to the actual power supply lines like vdd! gnd! with the help of a very small resistor. this is prevent the error which says " Shorted internal nets " in schematic simulation. But when the layout is created the resistor is removed and these vdd3r! gnd3r! etc are shorted to the pad pins ti whichu connect the vdd! and gnd! nets. That may be why its givng it as a short..

So in the lvs in the short locator see whether this error is coming bcoz of the shorting between the lines inside the pad or is it because u accidently shorted the lines outside the pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back