Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for eagleCAD footprint for molex 18 pin connector (2x19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi !
i am badly in need of the eagleCAD footprint for this 4.2mm 2x9 pins connector,
what i need is the foot print that has the holes for the plastic small stubs under the connector to keep it in place.
for now iam using a simple foot print with two rows of 4.2mm spaced pads.

the digikey part of the connector is WM1359-ND

thanks

Why don't you design your own footprint and use that? At least back when I used Eagle, you could add components and footprints to the library, or better make your own library, and I suppose this function is still valid?

What Gorgon said.

Learn to make your own symbols and parts, once you do you will never need to ask about such a simple connector again.

It's 2 rows of PTH pads with a rectangle - all in the datasheet.
And if you get the PCB library Expert Lite program (Google it) you can make this by entering the values from the datasheet FOR FREE!
It exports to Eagle so you can open it in Eagle & add to your library.

Couldn't be easier.

Try it and let us know how you get on, we can help but you really need to learn this.
And by the time I have finished typing all this I could have made this connector.

hi !
i am badly in need of the eagleCAD footprint for this 4.2mm 2x9 pins connector,
what i need is the foot print that has the holes for the plastic small stubs under the connector to keep it in place.
for now iam using a simple foot print with two rows of 4.2mm spaced pads.

the digikey part of the connector is WM1359-ND

thanks

Echoing what everyone else said above. It is really important to learn how to make parts even if it takes a while and can be tedious. Some semiconductor companies are starting to make more footprints and symbols accessible, but you can’t count on them having 100% availability, and on top of that, it’s really important to be sure that pin mappings and other factors are accurate since bad boards can cost you thousands. I was able to find this connector online though (**broken link removed**) but keep in mind that anytime you download anything online or even use parts in Eagle you should double check every last aspect. The last thing you want is to find out that the pin mapping was wrong on a BGA, or that there’s some other issue, and your prototype run goes in the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back