Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium 18 can't print to pdf.

jcdammeyer

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My schdoc file appears to be corrupted in some fashion and when I try to print to pdf, either with Microsoft to pdf or the Smart PDF this dialog shows up. On either a WIN-10 HP Zbook Laptop or a new workstation with WIN-10 that replaced the failed older WIN-7 workstation in March.
Error.jpg

Once I click on OK then this shows up.
Error1.jpg

Now if I export this file as a Protel 4.0 doc and then load it under Protel99SE other than that one of the components has the print hidden behind the yellow box it has no problem printing to PDF. Before I printed I created a project library and then edited the component to "move to back" the yellow box. That fixed that issue.

On my win-10 laptop I can't click on a SchDoc file or DsnWrk file and have Altium 18 start and then load the document. It does nothing. Cursor does spinning circle for a short while, goes back to arrow and Altium wasn't loaded.

On my new workstation with WIN-10 I can. No idea why. But if start Altium 18 on the laptop and then create a new DsnWrk and then Open the SchDoc file it does load. And surprisingly it also can be printed with Smart PDF.

So there's something wrong at several different levels with Altium 18 on my laptop as it appears to have corrupted the file.

I guess the easiest thing to do is just create a new DsnWrk but it used to be possible to fix documents in Protel99SE SP6.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• PIC32_ELS99.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 69
I guess the easiest thing to do is just create a new DsnWrk but it used to be possible to fix documents in Protel99SE SP6.
At the beginning of this century I used the same trick to solve other problems with Protel99, such as a components that appeared with a duplicate index in the library, or even the project file itself substantially growing in size at each save, even when insignificant changes were made. For some reason their IDE had issues from the beginning in managing its database, as all you had to do was to copy the souce files to another newly created project, and everything got renewed.

At the beginning of this century I used the same trick to solve other problems with Protel99, such as a components that appeared with a duplicate index in the library, or even the project file itself substantially growing in size at each save, even when insignificant changes were made. For some reason their IDE had issues from the beginning in managing its database, as all you had to do was to copy the souce files to another newly created project, and everything got renewed.
Thanks. I still prefer Protel99SE even though Alitium 18 has some nicer features but for the 1 or 2 boards I now design per year (and not overly complex) Altium 18 is more like something someone needs to use full time as their only job.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back