Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

library window disappears in CadStar

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster munch

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am evaluating CadStar with a colleague and it's not going well.
I was quite happy adding parts to my schematic. Now that library window has disappeared. All I have is two windows, showing the "open design" and "Current Design".
I have tried all the toolbars and for the life of me I can't see where that window has gone or how to restore it. Our evaluation period will be ending soon, I would like to reccommend that my company buys Cadstar, but with this new problem I don't think this will happen.
I have never had as many problems as I have had with CadStar with OrCad (used for 25 years) and Easy PC.
Any help gratefully received.

Jeff

It can be turned on under the menu in View\Windows. (The first place I would look in all programs for window related stuff - for a View menu).

When using the slide out windows at the side, do not hit the X in the corner as this closes the window, instead use the drawing pin to pin it out and then unpin
it to allow it to slide back.

What problems are you having, TBH I think that this may just be because you are not familiar with how CADSTAR works.

It is an extremely flexible software that allows you to get exactly the results you need when you need them, you can do an awful lot as long as you are prepared to
setup the system to achieve it in the first place. For every 10 mins you put into setting things up to should get hours of saved time back.

As for using ORCAD, well thats a dead duck and EasyPC... chalk and cheese.

If you have other problems then just ask away, or ring up the support chappies who have arranged the trial period for you.

BTW, are you using the full version or the Express version?

P.S> there are at least 2 other ways of adding parts. Menu - Add and also using the library searcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back