Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Layout Error in BiCMOS7HP >> GR268b: RX(N+ Jct) to Substrate Contact space

Status
Not open for further replies.

rony1987

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am getting the following error on running DRC !

GR268b: RX(N+ Jct) to Substrate Contact space <=53 um

First I made the schematic using an NFET from bicmos7hp library of L=180n and width=600n and then I used Layout XL from Design synthesis. When the Layout editing window opened, I did "Gen From Source" and still I am getting the above error on running DRC!

Can anyone please help ???

Thanks !

It is solved now. There are fields for "Left RX Contact Fill %" and "Right RX Contact Fill %" for the FETs. By default, they are filled with 100%. They should be reduced in order to overcome the above mentioned error.

Reactions: Com269

Com269

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi rony1987,

I use the same process and I have the same error, and when I tried to reduce Left RX Contact Fill % and Right RX Contact Fill %, but I get the same error. Could you tell me more how you had fixed it, please?? Thanks

Hi rony1987,

I use the same process and I have the same error, and when I tried to reduce Left RX Contact Fill % and Right RX Contact Fill %, but I get the same error. Could you tell me more how you had fixed it, please?? Thanks

I reduced the RX Contact Fill % to almost 15% I guess and it didn't show the error anymore. How much did you reduce? Could you send me the error report? I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back