Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with hspice simulation - instance width or length does not fit into the wmax/wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishgra

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I see the following issue.

===========================
**error** reference 0:phv not found, or instance width or length does not fit into the wmax/wmin or lmax/lmin range.
it was referenced in element 1:m101523 }
the channel width= 3.000E-06 and length= 6.000E-07
the line number was 67236
============================

Any Idea what it really means. I have included all the mandatory model files (which includes phv also).

Regards,
Satish

Hi, have you checked the length and width of the phv device is within the min and max allowed by the process?

yes, I am working on a IO buffer @ 130nm tech. All the W/L are multiples of that.
And, the other issue is where can I get the info regarding Lmin, Lmax, Wmin, Wmax

Hi, you can look into the process specification or design rules docs. Sometimes, you can also find it in the model file list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back