Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

issue in extract netlist by Calibre xRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yingt2704

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ad=0 and pd=0 when extract netlist with RC by Calibre xRC @ the mos drain and source connected together. however as& ad have the correct value.
why can that be? Could anyone can give me the explaination? Thanks!

yingt2704 said:
ad=0 and pd=0 when extract netlist with RC by Calibre xRC @ the mos drain and source connected together. however as& ad have the correct value.
why can that be? Could anyone can give me the explaination? Thanks!

"ad=0" and "ad have the correct value" is a contradictio in adiecto, so it's probably a typo, I guess (and you thought of "as & ps have the correct value"?)

For some irregular but - concerning source & drain - symmetric MOS structures, some extraction rules just extract area and periphery of (e.g.) the source, double these values and set ad & pd =0 , which still leads to a correct capacitances' calculation. Just check your exraction rules.

See also this topic, and perhaps this one for ring or waffle MOS structures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back