Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any one can introduce a good circulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zltogo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want a 200W cw 1.7-2.2ghz circulator, and 2nd Harmonic suppression needs to be better than 25dbc@200W cw to reach -60dbc.
Thanks!

Try google for high power circulator. Those types may be only custom-made as the power is high and frequency quite special.

circulators do not have 2nd harmonic suppression built into them. add a lpf if u need that. You might luck out with higher loss at the 2nd harmonic, but no guarantees

circulators do not have 2nd harmonic suppression built into them. add a lpf if u need that. You might luck out with higher loss at the 2nd harmonic, but no guarantees

Thank you for your reply. Now I faced a problem is that, when Pout=200W cw, before circulator, the 2nd harmonic is -50dbc, but after the circulator it becomes -45dbc. Do you know why that happened?
But at very low output power like 20W, the circulator gives a 20dbc compression for 2nd harmonic.

Thank you for your reply. Now I faced a problem is that, when Pout=200W cw, before circulator, the 2nd harmonic is -50dbc, but after the circulator it becomes -45dbc. Do you know why that happened?
But at very low output power like 20W, the circulator gives a 20dbc compression for 2nd harmonic.

I have used only low-power circulators so I cannot explain your observation. If you need to suppress the 2nd and higher harmonics, I think the only good solution is to use a low-pass filter, before or after the circulator.

Ferrite devices like circulators are designed for a particular band and bandwidth. To my knowledge no manufacturer is interested in device behavior outside of a specified bandwidth.

Ferrites can be non-linear devices,mainly at power levels > 10W like in your case. Expect more interesting problems and make sure you can add filters to solve them.

2nd harmonic is a popular parameter for us, our customers always ask us to reach at least 20dB,even in the condition of temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back