Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is body effect an advantage or disadvantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Having body effect is an advantage or disadvantage?
I think that it is advantage as well as disadvantage bcoz wen we consider the three series nmos transistors then bcoz of body effect that is Vsb =0 for the last transistor so the effect is les i mean the input can reach faster than the other two ttransistor bcoz there the threshold voltages are getting added right??

So my question is when the threshold voltages are getting added it means that threshold voltage is increasing so when threshold voltage is increasing thn this shud also be an advantage but y it is disadvantage when threshold voltages are getting added bcoz when threshold is increasing means the leakage is getting reduced am i right????????????????????????

Re: Body effect

Body effect is a physical phenomenon. An advantage or disadvantage? Well depends on the design, may be some one uses it to achieve the desired behavior, and if neglected, the circuit will not work properly.

Re: Body effect

mujju433 said:
Having body effect is an advantage or disadvantage?
I think that it is advantage as well as disadvantage bcoz wen we consider the three series nmos transistors then bcoz of body effect that is Vsb =0 for the last transistor so the effect is les i mean the input can reach faster than the other two ttransistor bcoz there the threshold voltages are getting added right??

So my question is when the threshold voltages are getting added it means that threshold voltage is increasing so when threshold voltage is increasing thn this shud also be an advantage but y it is disadvantage when threshold voltages are getting added bcoz when threshold is increasing means the leakage is getting reduced am i right????????????????????????

you r right if you considering leakage current.... but, let's consider this situation, when vbs != 0, the Ids will be decreased.... so, in order to get the desired current, you have to inrease the W/L ratio which translate to bigger area, thus higher cost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back