Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverse kinematics - robot projects issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsp_

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inverse kinematics

A group of ours does a simple robot project which has to do with inverse kinematics.
since the arm is built that simple(2 joints) we could reduce calculations to 2d space with a closed form solution ..
now i'm looking for algorithms/advices which are optimal for an 8051 derivate..
i think there will be a problem with floating points because our rom is limited to 4k and an extension would take too much ports.

the 2 solutions I considered are:
taking the equation of the "rather big" closed form solution an puttin in the variables for the numeric solution.

iterate trought puttin an virtual force on a model of the arm until it is in a specified range.

next problem would be software pwm'ing through a shift register while receiving data on rs232(probably I will just clear the cts line)

any help is appreciated
TIA
dsp_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back