Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner projects with walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

KineticCore

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Looking to start experimenting with HW & Board design in beginner level.
I am looking for simple projects that I can begin with.
What would be a good resource that will have such projects with a complete walkthrough and tutorials?

Thanks,
K.

Hi,

Hardware development is such a wide field, to wide to ask a general question like this.
Do internet search for ideas and general informations.
There is more than plenty information around. Millions of examples and tutorials.

Klaus

The little booklets carried by Radio Shack in the 1970's (transistor projects, 555 timer projects, op amp projects, etc.) had a chapter for each small project. I would have learned more earlier in life if I'd built each project, but I tended to say puerile things like 'Why do I need a unanimous vote detector?', unaware it's important to gain a knowledge of electronic concepts as building blocks.

Nowadays the internet has many tutorial websites. To obtain hardware see if your town has a Radio Shack or else look into mail order suppliers with kit assortments of resistors, capacitors, potentiometers, led's, sensors, detectors, etc.

One of the best things anyone gave me was the Radio Shack 300-in-one electronics lab. The included breadboard made a rapid step forward in my learning process. The instruction manual has a paragraph for each project, telling how to work it, giving background concepts, etc.

Hi,

Books like... (there are so many) e.g. The Art of Electronics or Electronics for Dummies, etc. are good for learning basics and last chapters are usually projects. These are just two examples.

Electronic Tutorials is good for walkthroughs even I usually understand, as is Analog Devices Wiki. Lessons in Electric Circuits is another. So many others deserving of credit and mention, too many to list here.

It depends a lot on what 'hardware' means to you... It might mean a microcontroller or complex SMPS to one person and a diode or capacitor to someone else.

Avoid 'vanity' circuits websites at first until you better understand what you're looking at, usually done by hobbyists - some can be knowledgeably good, some are filled with questionably knowledgeless bungler circuits.

Thanks a lot for your replies.
I'll start with what you mentioned above, and hopefully, it will help me to focus on a more specific field.

Have a good week all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back