Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino & Fm Si4703 receiver module reset & comms issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to get an Si4703 Fm receiver module to work, seems I'm the onlt one to have this trouble.
My 'duino does not recognize the receiver over I2C, I tried a pullup on the reset line (Io2).
Next I tried a I2C scanner sketch to see if it 'saw' the '4703 chip, it did not, but then I toggled Gpio2 which is connected to the '4703's reset pin and then there was comms the I2C scanner reported a device at 0x10.
Trying the same pin 2 toggle in the 4703's test program gets some functionality instead of a no comms but it doesnt work properly.
Anyone else had these issues?

Your report suggests that you didn't read the Si4703 datasheet, particularly the initialization sequence paragraph.

It shuld be clear that the chip needs an initial rising edge on \RST line to setup the interface mode to either I2C or SPI.

You are correct.
However the library I used is sposed to just work, no need to read its datasheet.
Looking at the issue though something is amiss, as even giving the module its rising edge while it does communicate not all the functions work.
I played with these a couple of years back, and gave up then with issues but then I did manage to get it to work for a while at least.
Might be a nasty clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back